How To Get Started With Invisalign? What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign?
If you have teeth that are not severely crooked and you are not comfortable wearing braces, then Invisalign will work just fine for you. Invisalign treatment in Sanborn is an option for people who desire a nearly invisible and more comfortable teeth straightening method.
This article takes you through what you need to know before starting your Invisalign teeth straightening treatment. Moreover, we shall look at some of the benefits of using Invisalign for your teeth.
Things You Need to Know Before Starting Invisalign
1. Keep Your Aligners in as Much as Possible
Do you desire to see results in about six to twelve months? Then, it would be best if you kept your aligners in as much as possible and daily. It is recommended to have your Invisalign on for at least twenty-two hours a day. This is important as the more hours you have your Invisalign on, the more it straightens your teeth and, therefore, faster results. In addition to wearing them for twenty hours, having Invisalign on for those hours means that you will get used to having them on until you won’t notice them. This means more time for teeth straightening.
2. You’ll Need to Adjust How You Speak
It is important to note that after you have visited the dentist and have your Invisalign fixed, you can experience some struggle with your speech. This is especially true when you try to say words with th and z. This is called lisp.
However, this should not deter you from getting your Invisalign. This is because it is a natural reaction to having the aligners. The only way to fix this issue is to wear the aligners for the first few days until you get used to them. After then, you will be able to speak without any speech struggles. It is recommended to prepare for the lisp when you get your aligners until you can speak perfectly without removing them.
3. Invisalign Treatment Length Varies for Each Person
You should note the time it takes to see results when using Invisalign treatment varies for each patient. Therefore, you should visit a dentist’s office near you and consult with the dentist about how it will take before you can start seeing results in your teeth.
The time taken to see your teeth results depends on a few factors: the severity of your teeth alignment problem. If you have severe tooth misalignment, you will wear the aligners longer than a patient with a mild tooth misalignment.
It is recommended that you visit Sanborn Dental Associates. We will look at the severity of your tooth misalignment and give you an estimate of how long you will wear your aligners.
4. Results Are Faster Than Metal Braces
One amazing advantage of using Invisalign is that it takes less time to see the results than traditional metallic braces. Some people even start to notice the results after a few months. Of course, this is only possible if you wear them as much as possible.
Benefits of Invisalign
1. More Comfortable – The Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than the traditional braces. This is because they are made according to the shape of your teeth and, therefore, will not dig and cut your lips. The high-quality resin used to make Invisalign ensures that the metal does not dig into your mouth, causing injury.
2. Allow for Better Dental Hygiene – One great advantage of Invisalign is that they are removable. This means you can remove them, clean them and clean your mouth. This ensures no buildup of germs that can lead to tooth cavities in your teeth and between the aligners.
3. Fix Dental Problems – Invisalign not only fixes your misaligned teeth but also treats dental problems. First, if you have an abnormal bite, removable aligners will help solve this issue. Crowded teeth can cause gum disease as there is no room for gums to fit properly in your teeth. These removable aligners fix abnormal bites by creating space in between your teeth.
4. Prevent Other Dental Issues – as mentioned above, Invisalign use fixes crowded teeth, which can cause gum disease. When gum disease is ignored, it leads to tooth decay which consequently causes tooth loss. Removable aligners will promote good oral hygiene, keeping other dental problems at bay.