What Type of Dental Implant Will Suit You Best?
Dental implants have been around for a long time, and they are one of the best dental treatments for people who desire long-lasting solutions to missing teeth. However, dental implants can vary in type, features, and materials used to make them. How can you know the specs of the dental implant that suits you best? Read on to find this out.
Dental Implants or teeth Implants are a form of tooth replacement that requires the implantation of strong iron screws into missing teeth’ roots. They are used to restore the teeth structure that has been altered due to accidental events or dental diseases.
The iron screws are planted into the jawbone through dental surgeries by a dentist or oral surgeon. With time the iron begins to fuse with the jawbone, providing a solid base for dental restorations (dental crowns, etc.). That means that after the iron screw has been placed, you can get tooth-shaped dental accessories to serve as an artificial tooth and cover the iron screw.
Dental implants do not only enhance your dental structure, but they also enhance bone growth. That is because they stimulate your bone structure and prevent it from dying due to inactivity caused by the missing tooth.
Types Of Dental Implant Materials
Dental materials consist of different types. With the development in the dental world, dental patients can choose the type of dental material that they prefer. Also, keep in mind that the materials have been thoroughly analyzed and are safe for human use. However, people who are allergic to the materials used for dental implants are advised to get other dental restorations that suit their teeth structure best.
For many years, dentists made use of titanium materials for dental implants. Thanks to modern technology, dental implants are made from different materials to provide maximum dental care.
Titanium Teeth Implants Materials: These materials are made from strong metal. Having been the most popular dental material for years, they have served as a durable dental procedure for patients with a misplaced teeth. Even with new technology, titanium materials are still considered the best. They also allow your teeth’ bones to grow and remain healthy. You can also say that they are permanent remedies.
Zirconia Teeth Implants Materials:
Due to constant improvement in dentistry, a new dental implant material called zirconia has been unveiled. With time and more advancement, zirconia materials are rising in popularity and strength. Although people still make use of titanium materials, zirconia materials are advanced and different.
You might want to get a titanium dental implant material instead of zirconia dental implant material for various reasons. Here are some of them:
- Unlike zirconia dental implant material is made in a single form, titanium dental implants are made with an abutment and an iron screw.
However, since the abutment and the iron screw are different, it allows the bone to fuse correctly with the iron and gives the abutment extra strength to connect the iron screw with the artificial teeth.
- Also, titanium dental implant materials are known for their biocompatibility. That allows the materials to fuse with the bone without causing health or dental issues. We can say that they are friendly and non-invasive.
- It might also interest you to know that in terms of strength, zirconia materials are not entirely accepted because they are made up of ceramic materials, which are not as strong as materials that titanium dental implant materials consist of.
Nevertheless, let’s not forget that zirconia dental implant materials are advantageous due to their combined form. Since the screw and the abutment are fused, it’s unlikely that bacteria would stay beneath the gum and cause dental issues.
Zirconia dental implant materials are still going through various research and improvements.
What are the Two Most Commonly Used Dental Implants?
There are different types of dental implant procedures. However, the following are the most popular types.
- Single Dental Implant: This type of dental treatment is used for dental patients who require single tooth restoration. The screw is planted into the jawbone through surgery. Before the procedure begins, the dentist would administer anesthesia to prevent the patient from feeling discomfort during the process. After the screw has been planted into the jawbone, the dentist would recommend that you allow the bone to heal and fuse with the screw for four months. After that, you can place the dental crown to complete your dental structure with a perfect appearance.
- Implant-retained Denture: This type of dental implant is used for full-mouth dental implants. Patients who have misplaced all their teeth can get an Implant-retained denture to replace all the missing teeth. Although regular dentures are removable and can cause certain inconveniences, there are ways to prevent such situations from happening. The good news is that you can make your dentures stay on your gums permanently and properly with dental implants.
Benefits Of Getting Dental Implants At Sanborn Dental Associates
Getting your dental implants at Sanborn Dental Associates is one of the best decisions you can make about your dental restoration treatment.
At Sanborn Dental Associates, your dental health is paramount. We also provide top-notch dental services that give you the great smile and dental health you desire. Get affordable dental implants at Sanborn Dental Associates today.